An aggressive advocate for his clients, Ari provides corporate counsel and litigation strategy to public and private companies. With a client-centric approach, he represents some of the largest retailers in the United States as well as small local businesses and religious and charitable organizations in commercial and civil litigation matters related to contracts, securities, employment, real estate, banking and environmental law. He handles cases in state and federal courts in New York, New Jersey and throughout the United States and also arbitrates matters before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and American Arbitration Association (AAA).
While in law school, Ari was a member of the Urban Law Journal and a featured columnist in the school’s newspaper. Ari was appointed for two terms by the Supreme Court of New Jersey to serve on the District Ethics Committee (IIB – Bergen County), which operates under the umbrella of the New Jersey State Office of Attorney Ethics. Ari is a frequent lecturer on civil litigation and has taught courses at both the university and high school level. He has been featured on CBS Radio’s Wall Street Journal Report and quoted in legal and non-legal periodicals, and his articles on commercial litigation have been published in the New Jersey Law Journal and the Metropolitan Corporate Counsel. He also has a blog that is enjoyed by thousands of regular readers. You can find it here: ariweisbrot.com
- Obtained a judgment in the Supreme Court of New York on behalf of a major retailer against its landlord, defeating the landlord’s efforts to terminate the lease for the retailer’s flagship location in the Bronx.
- Successfully defended several national securities/brokerage firms against customer complaints and regulatory investigations brought in arbitration and federal courts throughout the United States.
- Obtained judgment dismissing a $2.5 million lawsuit against a major retailer over its proposed purchase of property in New Jersey.
- Recovered a substantial judgment on behalf of a chain shoe store in New York as a result of the subsequent owner’s breach of contract.
- Negotiated the settlement of a multimillion-dollar securities lawsuit filed in Georgia on behalf of an institutional investor, which resulted in the recovery of damages in excess of the investment.
- Obtained a large verdict on behalf on a major software company against a former vendor that was unlawfully infringing upon the client’s intellectual property.
- Represent a major international designer in all areas of the law, including trademark, litigation, real estate, licensing and employment matters. Represented major designers in international litigation related to licensing, employment and contracts.
Selected Reported Decisions:
Honors and Awards:
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by MartindaleHubbell
- Included in the list of New Jersey “Super Lawyers” in the field of Business Litigation
- Included in the list of New Jersey “Super Lawyer Rising Stars”
- Recognized as a “Top Young Lawyer” in New Jersey
- Serves on the New Milford Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Serves on the new Milford Recreation Advisory Board
- Former Municipal Prosecutor, Teaneck, New Jersey
- Trustee for several charitable and educational boards